Are you using a Honeywell thermostat? If yes, then this guide is especially going to help you out from a lot of problems including malfunctioning and the high electricity bills.
I am one of those people who forgets to switch off the thermostat most of the time while going out or in a hurry for the office.
I know that my habit of leaving my thermostat ‘ON’ the whole day is going to burn my pocket but still I can’t help it.
I have two kids whom I have to drop at school every morning and in doing all the required things I forget to switch off a lot of gadgets.
My children come back home before me and my wife and they have got a bad habit to jump to the HVAC system. Most of the time they keep changing the temperature of the room while watching cartoons in the living room.
For the first few months, I couldn’t find any change in the electricity bills but after 6 months suddenly my energy bill gets doubled. I was shocked looking at the bills and start looking for the reasons behind this.
Later I found out that this was due to the malfunction of my Honeywell thermostat. I started researching for the troubleshooting to make it as it was before. After doing all my research for 2 days, I came to know exactly how to fix this.
The only thing I had to do is to reset my Honeywell Thermostat to the factory settings or you can say to default settings. I did it and now my thermostat is working normal again.
So, how to reset a Honeywell thermostat? Switch off your Honeywell Thermostat, remove the batteries and place the battery in the wrong way, place negative to the positive side and positive to the negative side for 5-10 seconds. After 10 seconds, reinsert them the right way and Voila! your Honeywell thermostat is back to normal.
Many of you would have going through the same problem and so I thought of putting all my research here in this article about the ways to reset all the Honeywell thermostats models.
Let’s start with my favorite model Honeywell 9000.
Honeywell Home 9000 Series thermostat and Vision Pro
This WIFI-enabled thermostat is equipped with a plethora of features and abilities that you cannot even think of getting in a thermostat.
One of my favourite features is the smart response technology that automatically determines whether your home needs cooling or heating.
The other feature like 7-day programmable feature can help you programme your thermostat when you are going out with your family on a vacation or holiday.
Apart from these features, there are several other features like auto daylight adjustment feature for saving power and 12/24 hour setting adjust and multiple language options to set your thermostat in whatever language you require.
The Honeywell Home 9000 can be controlled by voice and for this it is compatible with some of the best home automation kits.
Compatibility of Honeywell 9000 series and vision Pro
- Google Home
- Google Assistant
- Windows Cortana
What else compatibility do you require in a thermostat? I personally don’t require any more compatibility.
But, this is not the end of the features it has got. Suppose you are not at home and something goes wrong with your thermostat, not to worry, the moment anything goes fishy you get the notification on your smartphone.
Isn’t it all that we need!
You can get this thermostat at Amazon from here.
How to reset the Honeywell 9000 series thermostat?
- You have to start by pressing the MENU button.
- Now, go to PREFERENCES.
- Scroll down and select the RESTORE TO FACTORY DEFAULT” option.
- Click on YES for confirmation of factory reset.
Your thermostat has got reset just now and back to the normal condition.
Series 8000-Honeywell Thermostat
Who doesn’t want a touchscreen system today? The Honeywell 8000 series will not disappoint you.
It has a 10” touchscreen LCD screen and operates on 4 AA batteries.
The performance and durability of this thermostat is amazing and indeed worth buying.
You can even set up the thermostat differently for each day of the week.
So, from Monday to Friday you are at the office, program it differently, and on Saturdays and Sundays differently as you are going to spend your time with your family and everyone is there in the house.
The Smart response technology learns the time required for getting a certain temperature and therefore, adjusts accordingly.
How to reset Honeywell 8000 series thermostat?
The steps to reset this series is slightly different from the previous one. Let’s see the steps below-
- Click on the “SYSTEM”.
- Now, you have to hold the center button for few settings to get the required option.
- Once you see “Reset to factory settings”, click on it.
- The thermostat will restart and voila! Your thermostat is back to normal.
Series 7000-Honeywell Thermostat
The thermostat in this series are also programmable and comes with a touchscreen LCD screen.
The screen is however not colored but all the features are 7 day set up.
The compatibility of Honeywell thermostats from the 7000 series is different as these don’t support voice control.
However, smart response learning takes care of the heating and cooling features.
Compatibility of Honeywell 7000 series thermostat
- Single Stage Heating and cooling
- Multi stage heating and cooling.
- Furnace (warm air)
- Central air conditioning
- Heating only
- Cooling only
- Heat pump without auxiliary heat
- Heat pump with auxiliary heat
- Electric baseboard heat
- Gas fireplaces
- Hot water
How to Reset Honeywell 7000 series thermostat?
- Switch OFF your thermostat.
- Now, go to the circuit breaker and switch it OFF
- Remove the thermostat and take out the 2 AAA batteries from it.
- Now, place the battery in the wrong way, place negative to the positive side and positive to the negative side.
- Leave the batteries at this position for 5-10 seconds and remove it out.
- Place the battery in correct order.
- The display will get TURN ON
- Now, go to the circuit breaker and power it ON
Voila! Your thermostat is back to the default settings.
If you have any problem following these steps, check the user manual here.
6000 Series-Honeywell Thermostat
This particular thermostat series is also Wi-Fi enabled and you can easily connect it to the internet by signing up through the email id on the Honeywell registration page.
Once you sign up, you can easily control your thermostat remotely from anywhere through your laptop or your smartphone.
The user interface is quite good and you can hover over to multiple options.
Compatibility of Honeywell 6000 thermostats
- All types of heat pumps
- Hydronic and Multistage heating and cooling
- Central air conditioning
You can always go to this support page or live chat if you have any confusion about the heating and cooling system you have.
Always make sure to not use the air conditioning when the outside temperature goes below 50°F (10°C). Using the air conditioning when the temperature is below 50°F can cause damage to the compressor.
How to reset Honeywell 6000 series thermostat?
- Press the FAN button and hold it. Press and hold the UP arrow button without releasing the FAN button.
- Keep holding both the button for 5-10 seconds.
- Now release both the button and press the first button from the right.
- Keep holding the button until you see 39 displayed on the screen.
- Now, use the DOWN arrow keys to bring the number to 0.
- Press on DONE, you will see the WiFi setup blinking of the screen top.
Your thermostat is now reset and you can connect to the internet and configure your thermostat.
You can check out this support page of the Honeywell thermostat for tutorials with images.
4000 Series-Honeywell thermostat
Honeywell thermostats 4000 series are programmable smart thermostats that are compatible with multiple electric heating systems.
If you have any of these heating systems from the list below, you can easily control them with the Honeywell 4000 series thermostats. The most commonly used thermostat in this series is RLV4300.
List of compatible heating systems
- Fan forced and baseboard heater
- Radiant Ceiling
- Convector type heating system
However, there are several downsides to this thermostat too. This particular thermostat doesn’t work with a resistance load under 1.25A and a resistance load over 12.5A.
If you are using a central heating system in your house, you are going to regret it. So don’t buy this one if you have a central heating system installed.
The thermostat in this series uses 120-240V direct current and therefore if you are installing it for your own check out your house wiring first.
Better to consult an expert as a simple mishandling can cause several electric shocks or even death.
How to reset Honeywell Thermostat 4000 series?
- Switch ON the thermostat.
- Press the PROGRAM button three times.
- Now, use a pointed object or wire and put it in the hole in the right side of the buttons.
- Hold for 2-5 seconds and release it.
- Voila! You have successfully reset your Honeywell 6000 series thermostat.
Now, you can set up the clock and reprogram the schedules again. Remember, since the thermostat has now gone to default settings you need to configure everything once again.
2000 Series- Honeywell Thermostat
The programmable thermostat from Honeywell started with this particular series.
However, this was the first programmable but it is really good to have if your budget doesn’t allow you to go for the 9000 series smart thermostats.
Here are some of the compatibility of series 2000 Honeywell thermostat
- Furnace (heat, oil and gas)
- Both heating and cooling systems
- Water system with pump (heat)
- Water system without pump (heat)
- Heat pumps (without backup heat)
- Centralized air conditioning
The only downside of this series thermostat is that it is not compatible with multistage heat systems and pumps.
How to reset Honeywell thermostat 2000 series?
- Switch OFF the thermostat.
- Now, go to the circuit breaker and switch it OFF.
- Remove the thermostat and take out the 2AAA batteries from it.
- Put the battery in opposite direction, the negative side is placed to positive and positive side is placed to negative.
- Wait for 5-10 seconds and take the batteries out.
- Put the battering again the right way.
- Now, Switch ON the thermostat, you will see the display light.
- Now move to the circuit breaker Power it ON.
You have successfully reset your Honeywell 2000 series thermostat to the default.
1000 Series – Honeywell thermostat
This series of Honeywell thermostats don’t have the programmable option and really more of a traditional thermostat than a smart one.
I would really not recommend you to buy this one if you are searching for a smart thermostat for your home.
How to reset Honeywell 1000 series thermostat?
The steps to reset the Honeywell 1000 series thermostat are almost the same as that of the 2000 series.
However, I am putting it here again to eliminate any confusion during resetting.
- Switch the power OFF to the thermostat.
- Go to the circuit breaker and Turn OFF the power of whole house to eliminate any accident.
- Now, take out the thermostat and remove the batteries.
- Place the batteries in the opposite direction, negative to positive terminals and positive to negative terminals.
- Keep the batteries in the same position for 5-10 seconds and take it out.
- Now, put the battering to right place in the right way.
- Switch On the thermostat.
- Go to circuit breaker and turn On the power supply.
The Honeywell thermostat is now reset to default. Configure it again in whatever way you require the temperature and other settings to be.
Honeywell Lyric T Family Thermostat
This thermostat from Honeywell is really awesome and is a big competitor of the NEST thermostat today. This thermostat required a C wire for extra connection to the power and therefore required low voltage to run.
Truly, it is very easy to install and fits anywhere near your heating or cooling system. It is equipped with Geofence technology and so the thermostat is known when you are at home and when you are away!
The push notification feature keeps you notified when there is a requirement of filter change or the temperature inside your home increases or decrease to extreme.
The Honeywell Home RCHT8612WF T5 is the best thermostat to have if you are looking for an alternative to the NEST learning thermostat.
How to reset Honeywell Lyric T Family thermostat?
- Select the MENU option on the home screen of the thermostat.
- Click on the < or > button until you see the RESET option on the screen
- Once the RESET option is visible on the screen click on SELECT.
- Now, again use the arrow keys to hover over to the reset options.
- Select one of the reset option and click on SELECT.
- Now, click on YES to reset the thermostat.
- If you select NO, you will go back to the main menu.
Now, your thermostat is reset to default, you can configure it again.
Resetting the “Schedules”
- Click on the MENU option on the LCD screen.
- Now, press the < or > keys until you see the RESET option.
- Click on SELECT.
- Use arrow keys to get SCHEDULE option. Once you get the option, click on it.
- Now, confirm the reset by clicking on YES.
- Voila! You have successfully reset your schedules on the thermostat.
Honeywell has always focused on making smart and top-notch thermostats in the market and I am really a great fan of this.
However, in recent NEST came up with a new-gen thermostat known as Nest learning thermostat which is quite good and has a lot of features and abilities.
However, I am not going to compare the NEST and Honeywell thermostats here. You do the math and let us know in comments, which you find more comfortable for your home.
Check Our Trending Articles
- Honeywell Thermostat WIFI setup and Register
- Honeywell Thermostat Battery Replacement
- Reset your White Rodgers Emerson Thermostat
- Smart Thermostats That Work With Alexa
- Smart Thermostats That Work with Google Home
- Arlo vs Blink
The trendy-looking Dyson Humidifier is not only a very futuristic-looking appliance but looks like it may be able to boost your Wi-Fi signal. Jokes aside, the British Dyson brand is very good at...
Ring doorbell is one of the most advanced and feature loaded device that keeps you updated with who is at your door, what movements are happening around even when you are away from your home.Not...