YouTube TV app offers more than 70 channels of live sports, news, dramas, and movies from well-known broadcast and cable networks on the big screen.
With YouTube TV, you can enjoy live TV without the trouble of buying cable boxes, planning difficult installations, or signing lengthy contracts.
YouTube TV combines all the live TV features you would like in a content streaming service platform. You can access popular cable networks, local networks as well as on-demand content with YouTube TV and audience gets truly lucky when they get to enjoy all that on a big TV screen.
Fire TV Sticks which make it possible now support YouTube TV.
The new Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick 4K, Toshiba and Insignia Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, as well as other Fire TV devices, fully support YouTube TV which means your entertainment is on.
How to install YouTube TV on Amazon Fire Stick? In short, you can install YouTube TV on FireStick using the below steps:
- Navigate your cursor to the Search icon on the Home screen.
- When the search results are displayed, type “YouTube TV” and then scroll down to click on it.
- When the YouTube TV app displays on your screen, tap it.
- To download, click.
- Await the download of the App.
- Once it is downloaded, sign in and watch youtube tv endless content streaming.
This article will provide you information about how to install, update and fix issues with YouTube TV operation along with answering “how to add YouTube TV to Fire Stick.
How to Add YouTube TV to Fire Stick?
You can add the YouTube channel to your Amazon Fire Stick after registering for a YouTube TV free trial or full youtube tv subscription. Here are the steps to do it:
- On the home screen of your TV, tap Search option using your Amazon Fire Stick remote.
- On the search screen, enter “YouTube TV” using the on-screen keyboard to access youtube tv.
- A list of related apps will appear.
- From the search result displayed, select YouTube TV.
- Scroll downwards through the list of apps and find YouTube TV.
- Now, to access the download screen, select the YouTube TV app.
- Select Download, then wait as the Fire Stick downloads the programme.
- Return to the home page. The Fire Stick apps that are displayed on the home screen include the YouTube TV app.
- To open the app, select the YouTube TV option.
- Select Sign in.
- An activation code should flash.
- To link the device to your account, go to youtube.com or activate on a computer or mobile device and input the code.
- You must now provide the relevant permission and provide the needed details.
- To finish activation, select Next.
On your Amazon Fire Stick, you can now enjoy YouTube TV app to view live and on-demand television, matches, songs and movies, access the enormous amount of content that this app has to offer.
YouTube TV Not Working Properly on Fire Stick – Do These?
Now, that you are all set up with your YouTube TV account, the last thing you want is any glitches in your streaming service experience which are a regular after sometime.
To evade such unwanted scenarios from precipitating, following techniques can be used to fix YouTube on Fire TV if it lags or doesn’t work as efficiently as it should:
Clear app’s cache and data
YouTube TV may sometimes cease functioning due to a massive accumulated application cache. Clearing the cache might help you to smooth functioning of your app. (Check this post for clearing cache and data on firestick)
To delete the app cache on your Amazon Fire devices, follow these steps:
- On your Fire TV, go to Settings.
- Applications, choose.
- The YouTube TV app may be found by scrolling through Manage Installed Applications.
- Choose the app.
- Select Clear Data, then Clear Cache.
Try accessing YouTube TV once again after deleting the app’s cache and data. To continue watching content, you might need to check in again, so keep your log in credentials handy.
Reboot your Fire TV Stick
An easy restart can cure a lot of your troubles by freshening up app’s functions. You can restart your Fire TV device and start over by refreshing YouTube.
It can resolve a variety of problems with the YouTube programme, network, and streaming device. The steps are as follows:
- Remove the adapter or power cable for three seconds.
- Reconnect the cable.
- Reopen YouTube TV to try once more.
- From the menu also, you may reset your device:
- Access Settings.
- Choosing My Fire TV.
- Choose Restart.
- Open YouTube TV when your device restarts to check whether the problem has been resolved.
Uninstall and Reinstall The App
Sometimes what is not achieved by rebooting and cache clearing can be solved by simply uninstalling and re-installing the app again because you will be removing all app data and cached files when you uninstall YouTube TV from your Fire Stick.
If the application is outdated, you will also be able to delete it. Steps to be followed are as follows:
- On your Fire TV device, navigate to Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Go to Manage Installed Applications by navigating the cursor.
- Opt for YouTube TV.
- Choose Uninstall.
- To finish the uninstallation, adhere to the on-screen directions.
- You will need to reinstall the programme after deleting it. This enables you to obtain a fresh version that includes all updates and problem fixes.
How to Update YouTube TV on Fire Stick?
Now, if you are facing any issues with the working of the YouTube TV, a simple method is to update the app.
Updating the app to its latest version fixes bugs and other dysfunctionalities in the application allowing you to have a hassle-free experience.
To update official YouTube TV app on Fire Stick, follow the steps below: –
- Go to the Search menu and type in “Downloader.” It is available for immediate download from the Amazon App store.
- Now download the Downloader App by following the on-screen directions. Install the application after granting all necessary permissions.
- Open the Downloader App and select “HTTP://” from the menu.
- Now, enter the following in the “HTTP://” field: https://howtl/ytv, and then click the GO tab. (Note-The APK file redirects to filehippo, it is where the file is hosted. This APK file is not hosted or distributed by howtl.com)
- For your Firestick, you may now download the most recent version of YouTube TV. The downloading progress will be shown in a new window.
- You must install YouTube TV software after downloading it by granting the necessary device permissions.
- Once the setup is complete, you’ll have access to YouTube TV on Firestick.
- Open the settings area of the YouTube TV app by selecting the Open tab, expanding the System Info section, and selecting the YouTube TV version checkbox.
- You may stream YouTube TV on Firestick by going back to the main screen.
How can I get YouTube TV on a Fire Stick for free?
Follow the steps to get YouTube TV on Fire Stick for free:
- Move your cursor to the Search button on the home screen.
- Type “YouTube TV” into the search bar,
- Scroll down and choose YouTube TV from the list of results.
- When the YouTube TV app displays on your screen, select it.
- Click to install youtube tv.
- Await the download of the programme.
Want to stream local channels on your fire Tv stick, here are ways to install local channels on Firestick.
Conclusion – YouTube Tv on FireStick
We have given all the ways how Fire TV and Fire Stick users can access official YouTube on their big screen.
All of the YouTube videos, vlogs, reviews, rented movies, whatever kind of content you might want to stream are available in this app, along with all of your subscriptions, playlists, likes, dislikes and even browsing history.
That is because You Tube TV connects straight to your YouTube account. Additionally, the Amazon Store now offers YouTube TV for Fire Stick installation.
You no longer need to download any uncredible and third-party app or be content with YouTube app substitutes when you can have the official app.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which Firestick is compatible with YouTube TV?
The Fire TV Stick (2nd Gen), Fire TV Stick 4K, brand-new Fire TV Cube, all Toshiba, Insignia, Element, and Westinghouse Fire TV Edition smart TVs, as well as Fire TV Cube (1st Gen), and Fire TV (3rd Gen — Pendant Design) previous generation Fire TV devices are now compatible with the YouTube TV app.
Why does my Firestick’s YouTube TV not function?
YouTube TV will not function on the Fire Stick if your app is outdated. Look for updates and upgrade it to the latest version.
Another factor that might prevent you from streaming HD or 4K media is a shaky internet connection.
So, if you have an unstable network connection, finetuning it might help.
Sometimes, the app also faces difficulty in launching when the software has a lot of cached data that you need to clear, so, it might also be an issue.
Is YouTube TV available for free?
YouTube TV does not provide ad-free YouTube, if you chose to use YouTube free of cost, it will show a bundle of ads every time you are logged in.
However, you may view enjoy uninterrupted streaming and ad-free YouTube on YouTube TV if you have both YouTube TV and YouTube Premium.
YouTube TV and YouTube Premium are different services that are not combined. However, YouTube originals are accessible to YouTube TV subscribers.
Why can’t I find YouTube TV on my Fire Stick?
The Fire TV Stick (1st Gen) and Fire TV do not support the YouTube TV app (1st Gen).
So, that might probably be the reason you cannot see YouTube TV on your Fire Stick like other content streaming apps.
Why can’t I get YouTube TV on my Fire Stick?
If YouTubeTV is unable to be installed with Firestick, please try some of the above fixes. You can then reboot your computer in order to update your application.
A third option may be clearing apps caches or app data files, removing this can cause a corrupted file.
Alternatively, consider updating YouTube and Fire Stick television firmware.
Does firestick have youtube tv?
YouTube TV is now available on FireStick in the United States, and you can get it from the Amazon Store if you’re located there. Outside of the US, live TV streaming through the YouTube TV app is not accessible. You may later download the YouTube TV FireStick app from the Your Apps & Channels tab.
Can you get Youtube Tv on firestick?
The YouTube TV app is now available on Fire TV Stick (2nd Gen), Fire TV Stick 4K, all-new Fire TV Cube, all Toshiba, Insignia, Element, and Westinghouse Fire TV Edition smart TVs and previous generation Fire TV devices including Fire TV Cube (1st Gen), Fire TV (2nd Gen), Fire TV (3rd Gen — Pendant Design).
Does Amazon firestick have youtube tv?
If you are looking to add YouTube Tv to your Firestick, you can do it easily by just looking for YouTube Tv on App store as Firestick now offers official YouTube Tv App.
Does youtube tv work on firestick?
Yes, Youtube Tv work well on Firestick and to use it you just have to download it from the Amazon store. You can even do live streaming through it if you live in United States.
Can I stream Youtube on firestick?
Streaming YouTube on firestick is quite easy now, as the you can download and install the official app. Just go to the store and search for YouTube TV and YouTube TV app appears.