Google Home Mini is one of my best partners to enjoy music while working and gaming. But recently I saw it working inadequately with high latency and automatically volume rising and going below.
I Googled and tried to find a solution for this but couldn’t find a perfect solution and then I contacted the support centre. They told me to reset the Google Home mini and even told me the exact steps on how to reset my google home mini.
There are two ways to reset Google Home mini and let’s go through both of them in this article.
How to factory reset Google Home Mini? (Way 1)
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds. If you have no idea about how the reset button looks like, see the picture.
- Once 5 seconds is over, the Google Home mini reset process will start.
- Keep holding the button for 10 more seconds until you hear confirmation from Google Mini.
How to factory reset Google Home Mini? (Way 2)
Troubleshoot Issues Resetting Google Home Mini, Google Nest Mini, Nest Audio and other Google Devices
This process is used when our Google Home or Nest is unresponsive, or you don’t hear any sound while factory resetting your Google Home Mini.
- Unplug the Google Home Mini and plug it back in again after 10 seconds. You will see all 4 lights coming up. You have to repeat this 10 times.
- On the 10th time when you plug the device wait for a few moments so that your device gets reset.
- Once the Google Home mini is reset, you will listen to “Welcome to Google Home”.
Check out the below video if you are having any problem with resetting the Google Home Mini.
Since now you know how easy it is to factory reset Google Home Mini, let’s get through the reset procedure of other Google devices too.
How to reset Google Nest mini?
Before you start to reset the Google Nest mini, make sure to switch off the mic. Once you switch off the mic button you will see the Orange lights appearing on the centre of the Google Nest Mini.
- Press and hold the center of the Google Nest mini for 5 seconds to start the reset process.
- Keep holding the button for 10 more seconds and you will hear the announcement as the device is getting reset.
How to reset Google Home?
It is very easy to reset Google Home hub. Use the below process to reset Google Home.
- Press and hold the mute button for 15 seconds.
- Keep holding the microphone mute button until you hear the reset announcement from Google Home.
How to reset Google Home Max?
In Google Home max, the reset button is present on the back near the power cord.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10-12 seconds until you hear the resetting announcement from your Google Home Max.
How to reset Google Nest audio?
- Switch off the Mic using the button provided on the back of the device.
- Press and hold the nest audio from the center for 5 seconds and resetting will start.
- Keep holding the Nest Audio on center for 10 more seconds or until you hear the resetting announcement from Google Nest Audio.
How to reset Google Nest Hub and Google Nest Hub Max?
Both google Nest Hub and Max have the same factory reset process and therefore I have combined it in a single sub-topic.
- The volume buttons are available on the back of Nest Hub and Max. Press and hold both volume up and down buttons for 10 seconds.
- You will see that the resetting process starts on the screen.
- Once the resetting is completed, you will get the voice notification.
How to identify Google Nest Mini (2nd gen) & Google Home Mini (1st gen)?
Let me give you a simple trick by which you can identify both the generations easily.
If you find a wall mount slot on the back of your hub then its Google Nest Mini (2nd gen) otherwise the device is Google Home Mini (1st gen).
Nobody likes an interruption when you are in the mood for good entertainment however technology has a bad rapport for disappointing us here and there when we are least wanting to experience it.An...
The Fire TV Remote App transforms your smartphone into a remote control that improves your experience with Fire TV by providing straightforward navigation, a keyboard for simple text entry, rapid...