The Fire Stick generally is a tiny reliable gadget and doesn’t have any problems, but occasionally it might cease operating abruptly after being used for a while, or even worse, fire stick will stop loading.
So, how can I fix a fire stick when it is not loading? No matter how complicated the problem seems to be, the firestick not loading problem can be resolved by using these 3 quick fixes,
- Restart your Fire Stick
- Check for the latest software update and upgrade
- Factory reset your Fire Stick
I understand how frustrating it is to encounter those screen glitches and remote non-functionality, especially in the middle of a binge watch, so here I give a potential list of issues you might be facing and how to fix them.
This article is your troubleshooting guide on how to fix various problems with your Fire TV, such as screen freezing, a blank screen, or the device not turning on.
Follow the steps as illustrated in the guide and I hope they might help you to overcome the glitch bothering you with your Fire Stick.
You can quickly check our this guide if your firestick keeps starting.
How Do You Setup Your Fire Stick?
The Fire TV Stick or what you most commonly refer to as Fire Stick is a portable online media streaming device that can convert your simple conventional television into a “smart” TV.
The device lets you access live TV, media streaming, online games, and applications directly from your TV screen.
The Fire Stick is fashioned like a USB flash drive and connects straight to the HDMI connection on your TV.
You simply connect a Fire Stick to the internet after plugging it into your TV and a power source for setup and that opens a whole world of content online for you that you can binge without interruption on your big TV screen.
Amazon Fire Stick Not Loading – The Causes
Out-of-date software, internet connection problems, or a bad power supply can all cause difficulties with your Amazon Fire Stick not functioning properly, showing a black screen instead of media, and apps not loading.
If a Fire Stick won’t turn on or operate, it’s most likely due to a power failure, however an even more typical reason is that the TV was not turned on correctly or the HDMI is not correctly set.
How to Fix Fire Stick Not Loading?
You can fix a Fire Stick not connecting or not loading correctly in many ways. Here are the best solutions we recommend to solve the problem easily.
Restart Your Fire Stick
Many a time, your Fire Stick may just need to be restarted to start functioning properly. It simply takes a few seconds to complete and is the quickest way to fix an issue with Fire Stick devices.
Restarting your Fire Stick essentially is reloading the operating system and letting it start over from scratch, so it erases any glitches in the process that were causing the obstruction.
Update Your Fire Stick Software
You must maintain your Fire Stick software up to date if you want your device to operate at its peak performance.
Check to see if there are any new updates available for your Fire Stick software before you upgrade it. In the Fire Stick settings, you may manually check for updates.
You may be sure that you get the solutions for bugs, crashes, and other performance issues by applying the most recent updates.
The update fixes the issue that was keeping your Fire Stick from working once you’ve installed it. Let’s move on to the following step if the problem doesn’t go away.
Reset Your Fire Stick to Factory Settings
If none of the above methods worked out for you, then you can try resetting your Fire Stick to the factory setting. It can help you with numerous issues and is a widely used troubleshooting trick by users.
Here comes a caveat that resetting your Fire Stick to factory settings should only be used as a last resort.
All of the data and customized settings on your Fire Stick are permanently deleted when you reset it to factory settings.
The device’s factory default settings, or the settings it had when it was first unboxed, are restored through this method. So, don’t be impulsive while trying your hand at troubleshooting.
Can’t get your Fire TV to connect to Wi-fi?
Don’t worry, you can attempt these troubleshooting steps if your movies are lagging, Wi-Fi isn’t working, or your screen flashes “Home is Currently Unavailable”:
- Unplug the power adapter, wait one minute, and then plug it back in to restart your Fire TV device.
- On your Fire TV device, check the network status: Find your network name under Settings > Network.
- Check the status of your network and take the suggested actions, press Play/Pause on your remote.
- Scroll down to Wi-Fi if you’re not connected or can’t see your network name then switch Wi-Fi on and off.
- Go to Settings > Network > Locate your network name > Press the Menu button to forget your network. Try reconnecting after disconnecting your Wi-Fi network.
A particular screen freezes and remains persistent on the TV?
Restart your device or examine the device connections to fix start-up problems.
You can attempt the following solutions if the Fire TV logo is still frozen on your TV screen:
- Start up your Fire TV device again.
- Plug the Fire TV device using the power cord or adapter that came with your device.
- Turn on the gadget and leave it there for 25 minutes, or until the screen changes.
- Ensure that the HDMI cable you’re using is fast.
- Try inserting the cable in a different HDMI port if multiple are available.
- Try connecting the Fire TV device straight to the TV if your HDMI hub supports it.
- Verify that your TV complies with HDCP. For that, examine the TV owner’s manual’s section on video cables.
Can’t launch an app or it crashes? Here’s What You can Do!
If your downloaded application is not functioning as intended, either restart your Fire TV device or delete the program’s cache and data.
Try the following solutions if an app on your Fire TV device continues to crash or refuse to load:
- Reinstall the app after removing it.
- Start up your Fire TV device again.
- For 10 seconds, press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons.
For detailed guide on clearing cache, check our guide on how to clear cache on firestick?
Can’t update your Fire TV device? Do This!
Try the following techniques if your Fire TV update fails or doesn’t finish:
- Make sure your Fire TV is online by checking its internet connection. Navigate to Settings and choose Network.
- To check your connection, press Play/Pause on your remote control.
- Restart your home network’s router or modem if your device is having connectivity problems.
- Shut down your Fire TV system. Reconnect the plug on your gadget once one minute has passed.
- Verify that there is adequate space on your Fire TV device for the update to be downloaded. This must be at least 500 MB.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why do I see a blank screen on my Fire TV?
The probable reason might be that you have chosen an incorrect HDMI input. You can fix it using the Input or Source button on the TV remote. Here’s a complete guide to fix black screen on Amazon Firestick.
Why is my Fire Stick not loading?
This might be because of a poor internet connection, an inadequate power supply, or outdated Fire Stick software.
How can I update Fire Stick software?
Navigate Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates and check whether you have the latest version of the Fire Stick’s software and upgrade if needed.
How to fix app-crashing on Fire TV?
Try switching to another app to test if the issue is particular with the app. Sometimes server problems or maintenance cause media streaming services to be unavailable.
How do I quickly restart my fire stick?
To restart your Fire Stick, press Select and Play on the remote for 10 seconds. Many loading troubles including the black screen glitch can be resolved with a restart.
MY content keeps buffering? What is the fix?
Try clearing the cache on your Fire Stick if applications or content aren’t loading. This should speed up your sluggish Fire Stick.