Nobody likes an interruption when you are in the mood for good entertainment however technology has a bad rapport for disappointing us here and there when we are least wanting to experience it.
An example of this is your Fire Stick failing to download your favourite apps on Amazon Fire Stick. Fire Stick is good in itself and offers multiple streaming apps, but its true potential can’t be realized without third-party apps like Netflix and YouTube.
If you can’t download apps on your Fire Stick and don’t know what to do, check the status of your wi-fi connection. Check the internal storage space on your device, too. If these methods fail, consider restarting your Fire Stick.
If you are experiencing problems installing apps on Fire Stick, keep reading to discover what’s causing that and potential ways to fix it.
Your Firestick may not be able to download apps due to a shaky or unreliable internet connection. Standard Definition (SD) streaming needs an internet connection with a minimum speed of 3 Mbps.
As a result, your downloads may be having issues due to a poor internet connection or incorrect Firestick Wi-Fi settings.
An alternative possibility might be that your Firestick’s incompatible with the app. Search the internet for the devices that are compatible with your apps.
If yours doesn’t figure out among the listed ones, then you have discovered the root of the problem.
Also check whether your 1-Click services are set up and activated, if not, your Firestick will display error warnings.
Amazon developed the 1-Click technology to simplify the payment procedure for its customers.
Now, practically all Amazon technologies have it in them. Even if you just want to download free software, you still need to activate the 1-Click services.
When the 1-Click services are activated, your downloads ought to go without a hitch.
Now, that you know the reasons why your Fire Stick not downloading Apps you want, look for the solution in this article.
Troubleshoot Fire Stick not Installing Apps
If you can’t download apps on firestick and install apps, here’s our extensive research on how to fix fire stick not installing apps.
Reboot Fire TV Stick
This is the simplest repair for a Fire TV Stick that won’t download apps.
Here are the steps to immediately reboot your amazon fire tv stick:
- Select the “My Fire TV” option from the Fire TV Stick Settings menu.
- Select “Restart” which will appear at the bottom of the menu after scrolling there.
- To confirm the action, click on it.
- Wait for 10-15 seconds, your Fire TV Stick will shut down and then come back on.
To quickly restart Fire TV Stick, you can also use the remote shortcut.
For that, hold down the Play/Pause and Select buttons on your Fire TV Stick simultaneously for around 4-5 seconds, or until a notice stating “Your Amazon Fire TV Stick is Powering Off” appears on your TV screen.
Check the Network connection
When a Fire TV Stick won’t download an app, the very first thing you want to do is to make sure your amazon fire tv device is online and has a stable connection.
Your Fire TV Stick may occasionally be plugged into your Wi-Fi router yet still not have internet connectivity.
If you are unable to install new applications and other already-installed apps won’t launch while being linked to Wi-Fi, most probably it is network connectivity issues.
Ensure adequate storage for download
The Amazon Fire TV Stick has 8GB of internal storage as standard. You will often see reminders to free up space when your Fire TV Stick is down to 500MB or less.
You won’t be able to add new apps to the smartphone if the storage ultimately runs out.
To see how much space is still on your Fire TV Stick, follow the procedures listed below:
- Select “My Fire TV” from the Fire TV Stick Settings menu.
- Tap on the “About” option.
- Information about the respective apps like storage they are occupying etc will get displayed here.
You might need to delete some applications to make room for new ones if the Fire TV Stick storage is full.
One of the simplest and most efficient methods to clear up storage on your Fire TV Stick is to delete the apps and services that you do not use on the Fire stick to delete apps from your Fire TV Stick, follow these simple instructions:
- In the Fire Stick menu, select settings and then applications.
- Select “Manage Installed Applications” from the menu.
- Tap the programme you wish to remove from your Fire TV Stick now.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Confirm your action by clicking Uninstall.
- Unnecessary application is now deleted.
Remove the Fire Stick cache
The storage on your firestick usually fills up with cache files as they amass over time.
As you clear the cache, you will notice that a lot of space gets freed up and it performs better overall including downloading your apps that were previously not getting downloaded.
Here are the steps to clear Fire stick cache:
- Start your Fire Stick and choose “Settings.”
- Choose “Manage Installed Applications” from the “Applications” menu once it is open.
- Just click the pick button to choose each app.
- · To clear the cache, select the “Clear Cache” option from a list of alternatives that appears.
- Continue doing this for each additional installed app.
Verify the developer settings to enable sideloading
You need to make certain changes in the developer settings sometimes to allow the download APK files. Because the Fire OS is based on Android, you can download and install third-party apps from the internet.
Here’s how you can download the third-party Apps on firestick:
- Open the Fire TV Stick and select the Settings option
- Choose My Fire TV
- Choose Developer Options.
- Find “apps from unknown sources”. Normally, it is not on. Activate it.
- You are now prepared to install APKs that you obtained using the Downloader app. Avoid selecting any random source while downloading APK files with the Downloader app.
- To save the APK file of your preferred programme, go with trusted or certified sites. Users have been known to obtain fake APK files from the internet, leading to installation issues.
Activate and configure 1-Click service
You won’t be able to download apps from the Fire TV Stick AppStore if your Amazon account is linked to a payment method that has expired or become invalid as well as an invalid shipping address. This is called the configuration of the 1-Click service.
To activate the 1-Click services, follow the steps below:
- Use the Amazon 1-Click Settings Page on your phone or computer to access the 1-Click Settings portion of your Amazon account.
- You must be logged into your Amazon account with valid credentials.
- Tap the “Add a purchase preference” button and follow the on-screen instructions to enter new payment and shipment information if your account does not already have a working payment method or mailing address.
- Restart Fire TV Stick to ensure that you may now install applications without any problems.
- Confirm your action by clicking Uninstall.
You shouldn’t experience any problems installing programmes on your Fire TV Stick after using the aforementioned fixes. You might not have a choice but to purchase a new Fire TV Stick models if apps won’t load on the fire stick device owing to a lack of storage space and you don’t want to remove existing programmes to make room.
If none of these options works, you might have a faulty fire tv stick dongle and you should get in touch with Amazon Device Support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I download queued apps on firestick?
Such problems typically result from an erratic internet connection. Try unplugging your device and router at the same time for roughly two minutes, then plug them both back in. If rebooting the system didn’t prove effective, you can alternatively try below-mentioned ways. Here are the steps to follow:
- Clear cache- Access Settings> Applications, and then Manage installed applications> App Store> Clear Cache> Clear Data.
- Uninstall and re-install- For this step, you must uninstall the software and start the download all over again.
- Update Fire Stick software– If the problem continues, Select Settings. About My Fire TV > Revised > Examine for updates > Ensure that all software is up to date.
How to stop incomplete download Apps on Firestick?
You should follow the given steps:
- Select “Settings” from the menu. The menu is located on the top bar. Launch it.
- Your settings menu is located here. The majority of the items you’ll need to control your Fire TV are listed below. It is necessary to choose “Applications” in this specific situation.
- Select “Manage Installed Application” under the second option. All of the applications you have downloaded will be located here.
- Make sure the switch for showing all the applications on your scroll bar is turned on. Choose it, then switch it on. All of the applications you’ve downloaded are now visible.
- Here, you need to manually delete the apps you did not want, locate the app you want to delete and highlight it, now you must see some options.
- Click “Uninstall.”
- Your incomplete download shall be stopped.
I can’t download YouTube on Fire Stick. How to fix?
It might be difficult for you to download YouTube on your Amazon Fire TV stick due to several reasons.
It may occur due to a shaky or unreliable internet connection, an out-of-date Firestick device, or an un-activated or improperly set 1-Click.
You may fix the problem by adjusting your Amazon Fire Stick settings, checking your internet connection and your device’s compatibility with the applications, or you can try installing the app from Amazon’s website.